Luxury in Courchevel 1850
The snow has arrived, Europe’s winter sports resorts are opening for business and it’s time to plan your escape to the slopes. If money were no object, where would you go?
Courchevel 1850 is considered by many to be the best winter sports resort in the world. Located in the heart of the Three Valleys ski area in the Haute Savoie region of the French Alps, it offers something for everyone, from beginner to off-piste expert. It is also home to some of the most luxurious accommodation in the Alps, from five-star boutique hotels to cosy chalets complete with ski guide, private chef and your own private plunge pool. Hotel Price Scanner has picked five of the best to ensure you enjoy every creature comfort during your stay.
1. Le Perce Neige sleeps up to eight adults and four children in six en-suite bedrooms. Urban chic meets traditional style with dynamic effect in this charming luxury chalet. You name it, you’ll find it here, from infinity-edge pool and outdoor hot tub to hammam, Jacuzzi and a private wellness area. Add to this an eight-person cinema room, bar and a wine cellar to work your way through and you will want for nothing during your stay.
2. Le Petit Palais lives up to its name – or rather, palatial it certainly is, small it definitely is not. This stunning private house comes fully staffed and sprawls over an impressive 18,000 feet and six different levels. With six guest bedrooms including a master suite of 885 square feet plus cinema room, nightclub, gym, sauna and hammam, 14m x 5m swimming pool and direct access to the slopes, this is high-end skiing at its best.
3. Skiing in luxury doesn’t have to mean leaving the children at home. The newly opened L’Apogee Courchevel is located at the top of a the former Olympic ski jump right in the Jardin Alpin. Enjoy a choice of five-star restaurants, luxury spa and skiing right on your doorstep while the little ones are entertained in the largest kids’ club in Courchevel.
4. Push the boat out and book in at Les Suites de la Pontiniere. Consisting of 15 suites and one Penthouse, this accommodation offers the perfect balance of convenience and comfort. The warm caramel and chocolate palette and plush furnishings offer the perfect refuge after a tough day tackling the powder. Enjoy the lounge bar, alpine spa, indoor pool and sauna while your concierge organises the next day’s lift passes, instructors or heli-skiing expedition.
5. Le Palace des Neiges completes our pick. Conveniently located at the base of the slopes close to the cable car terminal, this welcoming retreat oozes alpine charm and character, with plenty of plush furnishings, wood panelling, and warm russet tones. A pool, spa, gym, gourmet cuisine and five-star service await.
Where to stay? You decide. But one thing’s for certain. Once you arrive you’ll never want to leave again.